Virgin drink creation is not a new art. Many sites who focus on drink making or recipes have a smattering of Mocktails or virgin drinks in their repertoire. But Experimental Virgins focuses exclusively on virgin drinks – all kinds – from virgin cocktails to shooters to shakes.
As part of my blog, I hope to take on the challenge of reviewing recipes already online and created by others. This could prove interesting – as I attempt to find ingredients, so my focus will be on recipes I can do with ingredients that I can find locally or shipped to Canada (specifically Northern BC).
- Check out http://youtube.com/mocktails4kids for some fun virgin recipes hosted by two wonderful kids —Brianna & Liam— and created with juices, flavoured syrups, purees and other flavourful ideas. All the ideas on their site are all non-alcoholic.
Here are some of the online recipes I have found to date that have virgin creations as part of their selection.
- Better Home and Garden recipes at http://www.bhg.com/recipes/drinks/wine-cocktails/mocktails/
- Bar None Drinks has a few virgin drinks at http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_category/non-alcoholic-3/
- My Recipes.com non alcoholic drinks at http://www.myrecipes.com/t/drinks/non-alcoholic
- My search for virgin drinks on Drink Mixer.com http://www.drinksmixer.com/search/?q=virgin&d=1&p=1
- Buttter with a Side of Bread beverages recipes http://www.butterwithasideofbread.com/search/label/Beverages
- Food in a minute mocktail recipes http://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Mocktails%20
As I find more sites with a decent selection of recipes I will add them, I will also post links to individual recipes I review on the blog.